We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an Associate Manager, Banking Operations.
The Associate Manager, Banking Operations is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Treasury unit for Canada Life and its subsidiaries.
What you will do
- Responsible for all daily cash transactions for Canada Life and its subsidiaries, including collections, disbursements, associated journal vouchers and accounting entries.
- Oversee the daily investment reporting process with Bond Investments to allow for the timely forecast and completion of investment transactions.
- Oversee the daily bank reconciliation process for Canada Life and its subsidiaries. This includes the monthly sign-off process for bank reconciliations and quarterly balance sheet review process.
- Responsible for all bank administration policies and processes, including the opening/closing of bank accounts, letter of credit administration and completion of other legal documentation as required by our financial institutions.
- Supervise, lead and mentor staff including the coordination, delegation, and prioritization of departmental tasks.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of the annual bank fee expense budget and monthly allocation of bank fee expenses.
- Responsible for completion of internal/external audit requests and testing, ICOFR documentation and testing and quarter and year-end reporting requests.
- Participate in and complete special/ad hoc projects and reports, as required.
- Collaborate with other business units to support business priorities and drive continuous process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Completion of a University degree and a professional accounting designation or nearing completion (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA), or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Excellent time management and communication skills, with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 5+ years of proven leadership, supervisory and customer service experience is required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including treasury experience is an asset.
- SAP, corporate mainframe and experience working with various banking software applications is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint).
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted