We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an Associate Manager, Internal Audit to join our highly performing team.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
What you will do
Reporting to the Manager of Internal Audit, the Associate Manager will support the achievement of Internal Audit’s vision to provide bold insights for a company that delivers on its promises to customers, by:
- Under the direction of an engagement supervisor, lead and oversee auditors in performing audit planning, test program development, execution and reporting, including:
- Identifying risk and assessing control adequacy
- Recommending appropriate strategies to optimize risks, benefits and quality
- Managing budgets for assigned audits and communicating status
- Developing high-quality reports and presentations suitable for a range of stakeholders
- Performing data analytics by defining problem statements, identifying relevant datasets, and leveraging data analytics tools available to derive insights
- Demonstrating strong working knowledge of and compliance with internal audit methodology
- Delivering on-the-job coaching and feedback to develop auditors
- Leading and/or reviewing testing of financial controls and engagements that support our external audits
- Contributing to annual risk-based audit planning through research and risk assessment
- Supporting the Findings Follow-up and Closure process by reviewing remediation and liaising with business stakeholders
- Leading and/or participating in professional practice and improvement initiatives
- Cultivating business relationships and work collaboratively with other functional areas
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- Seeking learning and development opportunities in line with organizational needs and personal aspirations.
What you will bring
- Strong working knowledge of governance, risk, control frameworks and audit methodologies
- Strong project management skills demonstrated by ability to complete multiple projects with competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including experience delivering difficult messages and drafting formal audit reports
- Self-motivation with a passion to learn and embrace new challenges
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply audit concepts in various functional areas
- Experience with Excel and data analytics tools
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other related field
- 5+ years audit experience
- A recognized accounting or audit designation (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA)
Other Desired Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience working in an agile environment and strong knowledge of agile methodologies
- Experience working in Financial Institutions
- Knowledge of the Three Lines of Defense model
- Relevant industry certifications from another domain
- Risk Management (e.g. CRMA)
- Project management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2)
- IT Audit or Security (e.g. CISA, CISSP)
- Agile (e.g. CSM, PMI-ACP)