We are maturing our Information Security Technology team who will work closely with Global and Canadian Information Security Offices and other Infrastructure and Application Technology teams to delivery security services that defend global enterprise, including business units, customers, and shareholders from external and internal security threats. Our team consists of highly motivated, innovative, and tech-savvy individuals that want to make a difference and drive value for our company and customers.
What you will do
The Senior Security Specialist is responsible for engineering of new security technologies and operational excellence of existing security technologies. He or she will require a mindset focused on business value and continuous service improvement. See below for additional information re: expectations / responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong security fundamentals while working hands-on with security technologies
- Follow ITIL best practices re: incident management, problem management, change management are more
- Complete deliverables and deliver solutions with the highest possible quality in the most efficient & effective manner
- Actively assess security risks and expedite closure of gaps to help promote a risk aware and proactive culture
- Provide input to security technology roadmaps that set the vision for security services / controls
- Research, evaluate and validate practicality of new technologies via rapid prototyping
- Design solutions that are “fit for purpose” (security function) and “fit for use” (enterprise grade)
- Ensure technical specifications support solution architecture and are endorsed by technology vendor(s)
- Deploy solution components and participate in appropriate functional and non-functional testing
- Work with internal and external stakeholder teams to implement / validate solution integration points
- Provide technical consulting on capabilities and limitations of the security technologies
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation, achieve incident service levels and participate in CIRT or MIR calls as requried
- Ensure security control health & compliance and assist with automation of manual tasks / improved proactive alerting
- Implement security policies / blocks and perform continuous tuning to ensure effectiveness of security controls
- Assist with key performance indicator reporting to reinforce the business value of our security controls
- Remediate infrastructure at risk of exploitation and participate in security incidents as needed
- Contribute to annual business continuity / disaster recovery planning and execution
- Actively set personal smart goals and understands how their performance impacts the team
- Participate in meetings and training events with a willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Demonstrate commitment to respectful workplace and workplace diversity initiatives
- Foster the department’s culture with a focus on teamwork and stewardship with business units
- Support continual improvements of IS methods, tools and technique
What you will bring
- A degree or equivalent education in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Business Computing, Engineering, or Commerce is required
- Minimum of 5 years experience maintaining, designing, implementing end to end application, infrastructure, and security solutions in a large organization is required
- Expertise with Microsoft Defender, Zscaler, and Trellix EDR / FPC / SIEM technologies
- Security certifications such as CISSP or equivalent
- Experience in Scripting / Automation
- DevOps or Agile Experience
- Broad knowledge of IT industry technology and best practices and specific knowledge in security and infrastructure technologies such as web servers, application servers, Intel / Linux / AIX servers, workstations, databases, network, IAM, Cloud Computing, Automation, FW’s / WAF / IPDS / DDOS, Cryptography, Endpoint Security, VPN, MFA, SIEM, Vulnerability Management, etc.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, product/service lifecycles, service management and a strong focus on customer service
- Experienced in performance tuning complex infrastructure solutions; knowledge of performance and monitoring tools will be an asset
- Have attention to detail, be effective at planning, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, self-organized and a demonstrated self-starter with the ability to influence others
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience working in a team environment is a must
- Demonstrated desire to implement change and make a contribution to the organization and with a proven history of making appropriate decisions and recommendations
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted