We are looking for a Technical BSA who has experience in data mapping and API documentation. Good documentation and communication skills will be essential.
The successful candidate will have experience in domain-based data modeling, information and data modelling, event definition and data mapping, inter-system data mapping, business and technical requirement elicitation, and functional specifications. Experience in API, integration, and event-based product development. Experience working in an Agile product development team is essential in this role.
- 2-5 Years’ Experience
- University or College education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Commerce, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active pursuit of related industry certifications is considered an asset
Portfolio Requirements, Design & Scoping
- Guides and facilitates the analysis for less complex products
- Elicits and validates business requirements
- Facilitates and actively participates in meetings, walkthroughs and reviews of deliverables
- Develops functional requirements
- Develops and delivers training & support materials for affected stakeholders
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Performs analysis to determine impacts to products
- Validates requirements and proposed solutions to stakeholder’s satisfaction and translates those processes, needs and requirements into related artifacts and documentation
- Troubleshoots moderate to complex problems to determine root-cause, requiring analysis and exploration of options, recommending solutions or preparing discussion for escalation
- Communicates with business stakeholders on technical components, risks, issues
- Ability to understand data requirements, standards, controls, modeling techniques
- Develops and validates solution design, product configuration, or package criteria with business stakeholders Quality
- Ensures overall testing efforts represent business and systems requirements in partnership with the QA team (where applicable)
- Develops and maintains test documentation, test strategy, review and supports testing outcomes as required
- Partners with developers and other team members to resolve defects, considering data and privacy requirements
- Develops and executes test cases, confirming test cases represent business requirements
- Ensures traceability of requirements across application lifecycle
- Manages moderate complexity acceptance criteria
- Gains exposure to and learns new technologies, frameworks and tools
- Evaluates and learns new analysis strategies, tools and methods that provide business value
- Improves current practices and tools
- Adapts to organizational change, best practice and improvements across teams, including the effective implementation and adherence to analysis processes and practices and architectural directions
- Participates in audits, governance and support activities
- Takes accountability for own and towards team deliverables
- Trains newer analysts in how to gather requirements and solve problems effectively
- Partners with product teams and/or architects to develop technical requirements and engineering/non-functional specifications 6. Technical Leadership
- Provides training to new or less senior professionals or cross discipline practitioners on processes, tools and approaches
- Shares knowledge and experience with members of the team to identify and share opportunities to improve the work, identify better ways of doing things
- Rapidly acquires new knowledge, learns new skills, and applies creative thinking to solve problems while understanding the organization’s vision, purpose and values
- Adaptable to changing assignments and product outcomes Process and Prioritization
- Directs work of self through goal setting, time management, and planning
- Meets deadlines for work through use of time management ▪ Identifies prioritization conflicts and works with PM’s, Program Managers, Senior Business Systems Analysts and leaders to resolve ▪
- Leverages practices to manage and simplify work, and use resources efficiently Attention to Detail
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of work to maximize quality, build credibility, and avoid re-work Decision Making
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills ▪ Understands the costs and benefits of actions, and makes recommendations towards the most appropriate one, uses collaboration and judgement to form conclusions
- Seeks to understand business needs, and delivers high quality service to the business
- Facilitates cooperation among peers and within the team, leveraging feedback to develop new strategies and approaches
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders quickly and confidently, to positively influence outcomes
- Communicates issues clearly and effectively with stakeholders Business Relationship Management
- Seeks to understand business needs, and delivers high quality service to the business while understanding the organization’s vision, purpose and values Motivation
- Is passionate about technology and the user experience, demonstrates inner self-starter, and is accepting of and open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.