We are looking for a Manager, Technology Audit.
Reporting to the Director of Technology Audit, the Manager, Technology Audit, will be responsible for leading the annual ICOFR programme (ITGCs review) and effective management and delivery of the assigned portfolio of technology engagements across all IT functions and lines of business for Canada Life. This includes the responsibility for helping to develop and mature the Internal Audit data analytics practice through embedding and continuously improving data analytics within the audits executed as part of the annual audit plan.
This role will provide the opportunity to combine your technical, auditing, data analytics and people skills to effectively advise and support the enterprise on risk related matters.
What you will do
- Lead information systems audits and ICOFR by developing and executing comprehensive risk-based audit plans that consider objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, resourcing, and schedule
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope, and complexity
- Execute assigned audit activities independently and/or managing a team of 2-5 auditors to the successful completion of the audit as required
- Identify and execute data analytics best practice opportunities to enhance the audit process
- Confirm observations and recommendations with management
- Assist in the development of continuous auditing and risk monitoring solutions
- Ensure audit reports are written in a timely manner to a consistent high standard of quality
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks, and processes for assigned areas
- Identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan
- Work as part of the global Technology Audit team, and participate in global and multi-entity technology audits
- Provide guidance, direction and support to other functional area audit staff as required
- Collaborate with Operations audit teams on audits of significant projects by addressing various system development and implementation risks
- Provide input and recommendations to senior audit leadership in developing risk based annual audit plans
- Ensure audit findings clearly articulate risk, root cause, and are documented accurately in the audit findings database. Monitor management response and timely manage follow-up for corrective action/progress
- Contribute to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, and practice management activities
What you will bring
- University/college degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent required.
- CISA is required. CISSP, CISM, CRISC, or CIA are also considered an asset.
- 7+ years of progressive industry-specific experience is required. Experience working in a Big Four accounting firm, Financial Services Institution or in a relevant IT environment is preferred
- Experience in auditing current and emerging technologies and risks
- Experience in auditing “Full Stack” - hardware, software, systems, applications, and processes
- Requires strong knowledge and experienced skill sets in auditing using relevant frameworks: COBIT, ITIL, ISO 2700x, and NIST frameworks.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and Dev/Ops methodologies, and cloud applications, RPA
- Experience in using automation and data analytics tools including ACL, Power Query, advanced Excel, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in using of programming languages such as Python, R, SQL would be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and experience developing relationships with auditees. Motivated, self-starter with a passion to learn and embracing new challenges.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to problem solve and multi-task, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to build and maintain trusted collaborative business relationships with the ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to manage multiple resources across a variety of time zones in a matrix structure
- Previous experience managing a team would be considered an asset
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Great-West Lifeco and Canada Life - Apply today!
Great-West Lifeco Inc. is a leading international financial services holding company headquartered in Canada with interests in life insurance, health insurance, retirement and investment services, asset management, and reinsurance businesses. It operates in Canada, the United States, and Europe under the brands: Canada Life, Canada Life Germany, Canada Life UK, Canada Life Reinsurance, Empower Retirement, Putnam Investments and Irish Life.
In Canada, Great-West Lifeco operates under the Canada Life brand, offering a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions and serves the financial security needs of more than 12 million customers. Globally our combined companies have approximately 24,500 employees, 205,000 advisor relationships, and thousands of distribution partners – all serving more than 30 million customer relationships across these regions.
Being a part of our organization means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You are part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.