We are looking for a Regional Sales Representative
As a Regional Sales Representative, you’ll work closely with the Regional Sales Manager and sales support and operations teams to create greater consistency and accessibility to wholesale support for Advisors associated with Canada Life.
In the Regional Sales Representative role, you will:
- Deliver bottom line insurance sales growth by working in collaboration with our Regional Sales Managers (Insurance) to generate sales and meet and exceed sales targets
- Prospect new leads and leverage an existing database of contacts to build and strengthen relationships with advisors by phone, virtually and a through a limited amount of face to face interaction.
- Utilize Salesforce to closely track calls and log appointments, manage the sales workflow, upload new contacts and monitor progress
- Lead generation of prescribed conversion rates and sales targets
- Grow the region by optimizing Advisor relationships and providing follow up and marketing support to advisors
- Partner with Advisors to develop an understanding of their book of business (i.e. goals, targets, expectations, needs) with existing advisors in the territory
- Uncover sales and cross-selling opportunities and educate advisors on the benefits of incorporating insurance solutions into their book of business
- Represent the insurance business as an expert consultant in matters related to; the industry, product, regulatory and advice on insurance solutions
- Provide pre and post-sales support by developing/providing sales strategies, concepts, marketing ideas and support.
- Contribute to and consider new approaches to doing business with advisors and clients
Who we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education in a related field (i.e. business, marketing, psychology, university degree or diploma)
- 2-5 years’ experience in the Financial Services/Insurance industry preferred
- LLQP designation preferred or in process within first few months
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills and a work ethic that demonstrates you are sales and results oriented, a motivated self-starter, career focused, dynamic and involved in extracurricular activities
- Excellent social skills and thrives in a team environment
- Expert communicator with the ability to present, train and transfer knowledge to a variety of audiences
- Great telephone etiquette with the ability to manage high call volumes
- Negotiation skills; perseverance when encountering discouraging setbacks
- Competency in insurance product knowledge, tools and sales concepts and having an in-depth marketplace awareness and awareness of the impact of developments and trends on the organization and the industry
- Self-starter with high energy and ability to pick up concepts quickly
- Creative marketing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in Mandarin would be an asset
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.