Reporting to the Associate Manager, you will be responsible for quoting, issuing polices, death claims and reconciliation of pension payments on the London Life Group Annuities side of the business. You will also be the main contact for Consultants and the Client Service Centre, seeking to resolve inquiries, concerns, and problems.
- Interpret requirements and quote London Life Group Annuity business
- Issue group annuity contracts, welcome letters, and member certificates
- Process payout annuity death claims within the established service standards
- Accounting knowledge, ability to assess financial discrepancies and overpayments
- Direct interaction with Client Relationship Managers, brokers, and clients to assist with inquiries and/or problem resolution on issues related to administration of client plans
- Provide exception, professional, customer service to our internal and external customers
- Handle phone, email and written inquiries from clients, consultants and internal business partners while managing a 24-hour acknowledgment
- Project involvement and miscellaneous duties as requested and/or required
- Quality assurance for peers
- Assist teammates as required with similar duties identified above
- Handle complex issues and work with internal business partners such as compliance, tax, pricing, and accounting when required
- Understand Federal and Provincial legislation and related products
- Understand basic taxation associated with policy administration
- Keep current on knowledge of all products and system updates to ensure accurate information is provided to our clients and business partners
Required Capabilities and Behaviours:
- London Life Mainframe, ICS and GPAS experience is considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organization and time management sills, ability to manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and managing tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – bilingualism is an asset
- Posses a high level of professionalism and dedication to customer service. Proven ability to build good working relationships with internal and external clients and business partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as individually with minimal supervision at times
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to learn and grasp new concepts
- Flexible, able to accept change effectively and positively. Drive change as required
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee reach their potential.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Canada Life policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.