We have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London or Winnipeg.
We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Director to lead a team of recruiting experts focused on delivering exceptional talent to Canada Life, that enables our business segments to achieve their objectives. Collaborating with HR and Business stakeholders, the TA Director builds strategic recruitment plans and leads the team to effectively execute on proactive and targeted activities. You will lead a diverse group recruiters across Canada to deliver a premium candidate and hiring leader experience by sourcing and attracting exceptional talent.
- Provide leadership to a team of recruiters and coordinators with effective coaching, development and engagement practices
- Build collaborative relationships with HR and Business stakeholders across a diverse set of business segments
- Leadership of talent acquisition priorities with a commitment to continuously improve the recruitment function with optimized marketplace recruitment practices
- Forecast talent gaps and form plans to attract, validate and build a pipeline of talent using turnover, growth plans, labour force supply/demand activities
- Ensure team operational activities are conducted effectively to enable a premium candidate and hiring leader experience
- Develop, coach and implement varied marketing techniques to attract and source exceptional talent from top sources
- Provide new hires with a great onboarding experience to enable foundational links to our culture
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Highly collaborative with stakeholders and proven ability to influence for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Proven track record coaching, engaging and developing high performing recruitment teams
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Talent Acquisition leadership roles in a corporate and/or search firm environment
- Deep knowledge of sourcing techniques – leveraging talent data, social media, online networks and local communities
- Solid knowledge of marketplace talent pools (labor supply / demand intelligence)
- Strong external talent network for competitor intelligence and industry best practices
- Good working knowledge of HR practices
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted