At Canada Life, we believe in improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of all Canadians. The foundation of our strategy is to put the customer at the centre of everything we do. An important part of putting our customers at the centre is ensuring that we provide quality project delivery services and support to the business which arms them with the tools required to delight our customers.
The Group Customer Technology Plan Sponsor project delivery team is responsible for delivering business and technology solutions to improve the Plan Sponsor experience.
Reporting to the Manager Project Delivery, Plan Sponsor, the Project Manager is responsible for business and technology projects for the Group Customer business areas. The Project Manager works closely and effectively with various I.S. and business leaders, along with project team members and external parties, to ensure the projects are correctly defined, planned and delivered. The Project Manager is accountable to the Project Sponsor and Manager Project Delivery in the management of project scope, budget, schedule and quality to deliver the expected business value that meets leadership and client expectations. The Project Manager will also be responsible to ensure projects meet the standard for required deliverables in keeping with the standards of practice.
What you will be doing:
- Utilizes intake processes and procedures to gather information, perform high level analysis and work with business partners and the architecture team to define a high-level solution architecture and create a project brief and business case
- Works closely with the project sponsor and delivery leader to develop the project charter, including defining the project scope, objectives, approach, measures of success, stakeholder engagement and communication plan.
- Develops project delivery schedule, cost estimates, resource requirements, acquisition plan and capital expenditure plan where required.
- Performs risk planning and analysis (qualitative & quantitative), including risk identification and risk response planning.
- Executes, tracks and monitors progress to plan and communicates the appropriate project information to all relevant project team members and stakeholders.
- Identifies, resolves or escalates all project issues.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of PM best practices, tools and techniques.
What you bring:
- 5+ years as a Project Manager in a Technology delivery environment.
- Degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, etc) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly critical thinking, with a strong attention to detail.
- A focus on understanding the desired business outcomes and delivering to meet those outcomes
- Customer centric approach to problem solving with the ability to collaborate, resolve conflicts, and reach consensus with others.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to translate complex technical subject matter in business terms for executive audiences, succinctly and professionally.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment, facilitating and contributing to work across geographies and across other functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and operating under levels of uncertainty
- Accreditation in Project Management such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent credentials.
- Experience with business and/or systems analysis
- Experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to influence and negotiate win-win outcomes among cross-functional teams.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities under time pressure without compromising quality.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted